Free Delivery on orders over €100. Malta and Gozo.
Amarone della Valpolicella Classico
Wine made from a special selection of grapes of Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Corvinone. The grapes are harvested only by hand in late September and early October, then left to rest in boxes until January to February, where they continue their slow natural aging, with a weight loss of 30-40%. In this way the concentration of sugars, colors and perfumes increases significantly.
- Geographical Area
- Intense ruby red with garnet reflections and and brick red nouances.
- Intense, of great finesse, with an engaging complexity. Accented scents of cherry and cherry liqueur; spicy, ethereal with hints of tobacco, vanilla, chocolate, dried fruit. It reminds of blackberries, wild berries.
- Intense, involving, very exciting, full-bodied and elegant, with a soft warm and enveloping. Leave a large aftertaste of juicy cherry, dried fruit and elegant tannins.
- The grapes are pressed in January and February. Fermentation lasts about 60 days.
- Approximately 36-38 months in French oak barrels of various ca- pacities.
- Excellent table and meditation wine; should be served at a tempera- ture of 18 °C in large glasses. It should be uncorked one hour before serving.
- Sant’Ambrogio di Valpolicella (Verona) in the Gargagnago area, also known as “Borgo dell’Amarone”, that is one of the five historical communities of the Valpolicella Classica area.