Free Delivery on orders over €100. Malta and Gozo.
Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso Classico
Wine made from a selection of Corvina Veronese, Corvinone, Rondinella and Molinara grapes, harvested only by hand, towards the end of September and early October. The grapes are then left to rest until November, when they are vinified and subsequently subjected to the ancient technique of “Ripasso”, which consists in the refermentation of Valpolicella Superiore vintage on the skins of Amarone, achieving an improvement of the color, intensity of fragrances and an increase of the alcohol content.
- Geographical Area
- Ruby red, with garnet reflections.
- Full and complex, with aromas of cherry, berry, spices and slight hints of cream.
- Persistent, soft and enveloping, with great aromatic complexity. Cherry aftertaste and elegant tannins.
- Valpolicella Superiore vintage is refermented on the intact grape skins of Amarone.
- About 16-18 months in French oak barrels of various capacities.
- Excellent wine for the whole meal; should be served at a tempera- ture of 18 °C in large glasses.
- Sant’Ambrogio di Valpolicella (Verona) in the Gargagnago area, also known as “Borgo dell’Amarone”, that is one of the five historical communities of the Valpolicella Classica area.